Drill Free Dentistry
Are you scared of the dentist?
Does the sound of the drill make you uncomfortable?
If the answer is ‘yes’ then we have great news for you!
Greyholme Dental are now offering our patients “Drill Free” dentistry. That’s right no more drill!
We use a system called Air abrasion, which is a drill-less technique that can be used to remove tooth decay and to perform many other procedures.
How Does Air Abrasion Work?
During air abrasion, an instrument that works like a gentle sandblaster is used to spray away decay. During air abrasion, a fine stream of particles is aimed at the stained or decayed portion of the tooth.
These particles are propelled toward the tooth surface by compressed air or a gas. Small particles of decay on the tooth surface are removed as the stream of particles strikes them. The particles of decay are then “suctioned” away through a thin tube.
Is Air Abrasion Safe?
Yes, air abrasion is safe. The only precautions needed before air abrasion are to protect your eyes.
What Are the Advantages of Air Abrasion?
The 5 main advantages of this drill free system are…
- Air abrasion generates no heat, pressure, or vibration.
- Air abrasion sometimes reduces the need for anaesthesia, particularly if the cavity is shallow.
- Air abrasion leaves more of the healthy tooth tissue behind.
- Air abrasion reduces the risk of fracturing and chipping of the tooth, which some dentists believe can affect the life span of the filling.
- The procedure is relatively simple, although it may take longer than traditional drilling.
But best of all it means no more dentist drill!
If you’d like to take advantage of our “Drill Free” technology just give us a call or pop your details onto the form below.